Thursday, January 24, 2019

Busy week!

I was going to try and post every single day, I have this page open on my school computer. The lazy weekend got away from me and I totally forgot to post!!! We had a long weekend, MLK day, and a snow day in the last week!

I spent Friday night at a debate tournament, so I had plenty of time to work and I finished M's Mahomes hat. He was thrilled to wake up to find it!


Here they both are together in their hats!!! They have been a huge hit around town and at school!
 

A few weeks ago, Jackson asked me if I would make all the kids in his class a hat. Mason wanted in on this too! I told them I could, but I would not be able to get them done for this school year. I decided I would make it easy on myself, since I'll be making 40ish hats and make them with acrylic yarn (easy for parents to take care of), in a various variegated colorways, and just make a basic vanilla hat with a pom on top. That way they will all be the same, with the exception of color, and maybe it would be easier for kids to choose. So I dug out all that I currently had at home, then we hit up a Michaels sale. I have been able to get 4 completed so far!


It's a simple pattern. US size 7, 16" circular needle. WW yarn. Cast on 72, K2P2 around for 6 rows, knit around until it reaches 6.5". Begin decreases, *K7, K2tog around,* K 1 round, *K6, K2tog around* K1 round, repeat until you reach 24 stitches, *K1, K2tog around,* then K2tog around, cut yarn, then draw the yarn through the remaining 8 loops, pull tight, weave in all ends!

 And finally, I whipped this out last night, my mom has been asking me for an ear warmer. I've even hat the yarn! I just never sat down to do it. So last night I did, it took me all of 2.5 hours, if that, to complete. She was SO happy this morning when I gave it to her!
 I will begin working earnestly on M's cardigan he has helped design. And continue working on hats!

No comments: