Tuesday, December 16, 2008
5:32 - alarm goes off, drag myself out of bed, go potty.
5:35 - put on slippers, bundle up in the hubs coat, take dog out to make yellow snow - it has really had just started snowing and we may have had a light dusting.
5:40 - sit down in recliner and turn on the news, watching school closings, see my schools name!!! Turn to the 3 other KC area news channels, see schools name on them too!
5:50 - receive phone call from department chair saying school was cancelled!!!!!!
5:55 - climb back in bed and sleep another 3 hours!
9:37 - wake up again.
10:01 - make orange rolls for breakfast, got them just for snow day morning!
10:07 - put pork roast in the crock-pot for dinner.
10:58 - writing this post!
Gotta love snow days!!!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
2. Real tree or Artificial? Has to be real
3. When do you put up the tree? We typically buy one the day after Thanksgiving and then spend the next day decoration.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year's, depends on when I have to go back to school
5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE IT!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Mary Lou Retton leotard in 1984, I had just turned 5!
7. Hardest person to buy for? The hubs
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom or the princess niece
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I have one picked out, just can't afford it and my mom won't let me have the one I always put out as a kid.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Only mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The ugly music box from my evil grandmother last year
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Mickey's Christmas Carol. I love most Christmas movies, the cheesier the better!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year long
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not usually, but I have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's Christmas breakfast, we have the same thing every year and only on Christmas.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes and everything else!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (had a solo in high school!), anything TSO
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Go to mom and dad's on Christmas morning in PJ's!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Depends on whose house we are at. We only go to the MIL on Christmas Eve out of obligation. Then go to church. We spend Christmas day at my parents. We celebrate with the FIL sometime before New Year's because he get's paid too well to not work Christmas. I prefer Christmas morning.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? My "bah humbug" husband.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love red and green trees. But I also love sentimental ornaments.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? A baby
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star. The angel is too expensive to put on the tree, so it sits on a table close by.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner? Anything at my parents.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
2. Watch CSI marathon on Spike
3. Take the pups out for a steaming present
4. Eat a bowl of cornflakes
5. Fill out Christmas cards, hope I got everyone!
6. Work on Brianna's sock, second sock syndrome?!
7. Blow nose 5 million times
8. Make great-grandma Margaret's homemade chicken and noodles from scratch, if only I had an old hen
9. Go to Dialog in the Dark with little brother, then out to dinner
10. Dig out a box of baby clothes that I have been collecting
11. Wind some yarn into balls
12. Mail swap box
13. Snuggle up on the couch with the pups
I'm getting sick, I have a head cold. Now it's settling into my chest. Not good. I've already had bronchitis once this fall, now I'm getting it again. I can't really afford (time and money) to go to the doctor, get the expensive antibiotic (because I'm lucky enough to be allergic to the cheap antibiotics) and cough syrup right now. I've gone through so many Kleenex's in the last 2 days!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Here is a picture of the whole package. A beautiful green project bag with a pretty green satin. Unicorn Fibre wash and rinse, Things I Learned from Knitting by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, Owl Post note cards, 40" addi Turbo Lace circular needle, a pedicure kit and pumice stone, a KnitPicks view sizer, bent tip tapestry needle set, green and silver bracelet and stitch markers, a sachet bag and a cable knit coffee mug!!!! Best kit ever!!!! Thank you so much Ophelia!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
For my birthday from my parents, I got a Cuisenart Ice Cream freezer! I've already made 2 batches. An Orange Sherbet, but it was REALLY sour. And today, I made an Egg Nog ice cream. It's still in the freezer waiting for the hubs to get home from work!
Today I went and had blood drawn a second time. Checking progesterone levels again. My doctor thinks everything has been working, just double checking up one everything. My temperature has been up for about 10 days now. So, we're just waiting to see the results from this blood test.
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry’s ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought’s first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
b. Gobstones Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
b. Dirk Cresswell
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry’s late arrival and muggle attire?b. 70
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger
What society did Dgworth-Granger found?
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott’s Third Law?
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separtea components
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Ok, thanks for listening to my ranting and raving. Going to bed now!
1. Riddle hated what made him like everyone else.
2. Riddle had no friends.
3. Riddle collected trinkets that he believed were special, they were like trophies to him.
2. What did Merope sell when she was alone in London before the baby was born?
3. What does Mrs Cole like to drink?
4. What does Tom Riddle demand Professor Dumbledor do twice when they first met?
He made Dumbledore would tell him the truth, and to do some magic.
5. What did Mundungus nick from the Black house?
Mundungus steals Slytherin's locket.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I am loving the weather we are having this week, but then again I LOVE cold weather!!! I love everything about winter, snow, cold, snow days!!!! And it also lessens my allergies. I love snow days. I make my great-grandmother's chicken and noodles. She made them all the time when I was a kid. They are so good and warming. Yesterday was her birthday, she would have been 95. She passed away 2 years ago. I have my love of knitting from her.
I found out last night that my cousin is now expecting a baby in June. They just had one this last June! So another baby to knit for!!!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
But, because we spent time Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon and night with conferences, we have today OFF. HOORAY, I get to sleep in! Not. I was only able to sleep in about an extra hour. :-( Bummer, I was hoping to catch up on sleep. I think the hubs leaving for work got me up. But on the other hand, I get a day home alone! Just me and the pups!
I was putting my new ball winder and TinkerToy swift to use, but I kept getting it tangled. I got one made, the second one I gave up on. It's still sitting there. I might get around to it later today!!
We had my dad's 50th birthday party last Sunday, my sister and I made the cupcakes for his party. Here's a couple of pictures:
They were so fun to make. There's a beagle (our family has 4), a bulldog (our school mascot, my mom and I teach together and my dad works in the maintenance), a westie (my niece has one, she chose this one) and a yorkshire terrier (just because they were cute and quick).
OTN: I am currently working on a pair of Candy Cane socks for my mom for Christmas. I'd actually like to have them done by Thanksgiving weekend. The hubs and I are taking my parents to Trans-Siberian Orchestra for their Christmas present.
Friday, October 17, 2008
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
b. Gwenog Jones
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
5. What is Professor Sughorn’s favorite candy?
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
c. 16 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
Monday, October 13, 2008
The view from our picnic table!
My parents' dog Trixie, she thought she should get on the table to get water! My mom and sis in the background.
Trixie posing with my dad and brother-in-law Zach.
The view from the hatchery. We went on a hike and saw all the beautiful changing leaves.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
I also got my new yarn swift in the mail today!!! I bought tinker toys and made a swift. So I can make my own yarn cakes now!!! It's so cool!! I also got 3 new yarns in the mail today. One is for a friend for a pair of socks.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Hoo Ha, Hoo Ha
Go, go, get 'em, get 'em
And when you got 'em say:
Hoo Ha, Hoo Ha!!!
I didn't go to Hogsmeade today like other Hogwarts students, I went to a muggle football game, it was at Arrowhead Stadium. It was my college team, Northwest Missouri State vs our biggest rival, Pittsburg State University, which also is my brother's alma mater. We won!!! 35 - 10!!!! It was one heck of a game!!
Oh, and I took the latest sock that I was working on. Yeah, it fell out of my purse somewhere and I lost it. AND the addi turbos that I was making them with. I am SO mad. I'm going to call Monday morning, but I doubt they'd be turned in.
I also finished a hat for my brother-in-law for Christmas, it's totally him. I made him a hat last year and he went nuts over it, so he's getting another one this year. I bought this yarn at an auction this summer.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? Just ordered a winder online and just made a swift from TinkerToys today!!!
Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? I keep my Denise needles in their case, my straights in a metal pitcher (think knitty.com) and my dpn's in a vase! The one's I don't use very often are kept in a trunk.
Do you collect anything? Zuni Fetishes, yarn, and Gingher Scissors.
What is your favorite type of music? Are you MP3 ready? mostly pop, I love 80's music!!!! I am very mp3 ready, I love my iPod!!
Do you like sweets? What are your favorites? Love!!! Depends on my moods and the season, I LOVE chocolate. Right now, I'm on a candy corn kick, but that could change in a day or two!!!
What is your living situation like? Any pets? Children? I live with the hubs and my 8 month old puppy in an apartment. No children, but we are trying for our first.
Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? Please include links for your swap pal. no, but I might have to make one!!!
Favorite Harry Potter movie character? Hermione or Molly Weasley.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
If you were a hot dog , would you eat yourself? No, don't like hot dogs
Kennedy Assassination – conspiracy or did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone? conspiracy
Did you like Jurassic Park III? – if yes, you must explain why. didn't watch
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? 1,2,3, crunch!
Did you witness Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah’s couch? nope
Do you consider bowling a sport? no
What is your favorite Star Trek series? don't watch
Which Buffy character do you identify with? didn't watch
Did you want Joey to end up with Pacey or Dawson? didn't watch, I know, I wasn't a normal 90's kid
What color is your hair? brown
Do you find Howard Stern offensive? extremely
How many chucks would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 12
Do you have a favorite “indie-dyer”? If so, who? too many to choose
Do you use hand-knit dishcloths? no, but I crochet pot scratchers
What new technique would you like to try? (dye yarn, felting, lace, socks, etc.) none, already do too many
Do you know what Sparkle Motion is? nope
Do you like Starbucks? no, I LOVE Starbucks!
Do you eat fast food? If yes, what is your favorite? Don't eat fast food
Coke or Pepsi? don't dink soda either, but I do prefer coke over pepsi if I were to drink one
Tea or Coffee? or Hot Chocolate?
Do you wear hand-knit items? If yes, what is your favorite? hats or socks
Do you have any favorite Etsy shops? too many!
What is one pattern you love, but would never make for yourself? an afghan
Do you like Harry Potter? DUH!
What is your favorite non-Twilight book? not sure, I read too many.
Did you read Midnight Sun? no
Have you read all four published Twilight books? (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn) yes, in less than a month
What is your favorite song? anything Celine Dion - going to see her in concert fory birthday
What is your favorite band? Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Are there any celebrities you would like to meet? Who/Why? can't think of any right now
Do you like Green Eggs & Ham? No, allergic to green food coloring
Are you a monogamous knitter? Or a WIP-Hoor? WIP hoor
What is your favorite TV show? CSI
Who would win in a duel? Edward Cullen or Harry Potter? explain your answer. Edward Cullen, due to the fact that he can move so fast
Have you seen Meet the Feebles? (and will you admit it, if you did??) Never heard of
VanHalen - Sammy Hagar or David Lee Roth? ??
Are there any non-knit/crochet crafts you enjoy? sewing, quilting, beading, scrapbooking
Why is the rzz always gone? Because my husband drank it!!
What is the secret of life? not to take things too seriously
If you could fight anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be? well, I'm fighting with my MIL, does that count?
Explain the complex theoretical problems of the Babble Fish. Huh?
What was your favorite childhood outfit? My Mary Lou Retton leotard I had when I was 4
If you’re riding in the car late at night with the windows down, what cd is playing on the stereo? Wicked!! or Mamma Mia!
If you were on a deserted island and had only one skein of yarn, which would it be? sock yarn
If you could have lunch with any fictional character, who would it be (movies, books, or tv)?
If your life were a television program, would it be a half-hour sitcom or a one hour drama? What would be the title of said show? one-hour drama - don't know the name
Do you know how to pronounce Clapotis correctly? I think so
If they made a movie of your life, which actor would you want to play you? Drew Barrymore
What one superhero power would you want and why? Reading minds, I always want to know what people are thinking!
What was the best job you ever had? The worst? The weirdest? my current job teaching, working at Wal-mart snack bar, Baskin-Robbins - the boss made it weird, she asked another girl and I to buy her drugs?!
Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? If so, what is it? No, I sleep with a real animal
Describe your style in one word. my husband says teachery
You randomly walk into a bookstore on a whim & buy a book. It’s most likely a _mystery_(fill in genre here)
What vehicle would you like to own? Mine, a Trailblazer
Do you collect anything? Zuni Fetishes
What’s your favorite smell? Least favorite? Favorite - Orange Blossom, Least - Skunk
What’s your living situation? Live with parents? In a dorm? Apartment? House? Apartment
What do you do in your leisure time? What's that, I have a full-time job, full-time student and have a part-time job, I don't have leisure time.
What do you like to do on weekends? Nothing....knitting of course
What is the strangest thing you’d wear on your head? just hats
If you were to fill the sun with rats, how many rats would you need?n12 million
Friday, September 26, 2008
Also, I bought my airline ticket yesterday to go to Charlotte, NC for a conference for school. I've never been there, so that will be a new experience. I have a busy next few months!!!
I don't have school on Monday, I get to sleep in! I am going to a workshop and it is about 10 minutes from my house, so I was elected to go. No complaints here, I get to see the hubs and the pup extra time!!!!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
c. Emmeline Vance
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
b. 11 p.m.
4. What did Professor Sluhorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister’s Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
b. A duck
7. What is Professor Sprout’s first name?
8. What is Dumbledore’s idea of ‘a few words’?
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak
9. Who is Marcus Belby’s famous uncle?
10. What is Snape’s mother’s name?
b. Eileen Prince
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Tomorrow night the hubs and I are going to the Royals game. They are giving away stocking hats. The hubs says I can make a better one cheaper, but I want a Royal's one!!
OTN: BSJ for a KAL, Bearcat baby blanket, Dream Swatch and Ampersand Socks.
2. How long have you been at your craft? About 2 years
3. Do you spin? If yes do you use drop spindle or wheel. No, don't really want to eaither.
4. What is your favorite color? Purple
5. Do you have any other hobbies? I love to read, quilt, sew, scrapbooking, camping
6. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? Anything soft and pretty!!
7. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? Itchy yarn.
8. Are there any yarns that you’ve been eyeing and wanting to try? Socks that rock yarn
9. What are you currently working on? a baby blanket, a BSJ and sweaters for the princess neice's AG doll
10. What is your favorite Finished Object? (Pictures are welcome.) the Little Daisy Cardigan in lavendar that I just completed (it's on my Ravelry site)
11. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? Hmmm, just better at crochet.
12. What is you favorite type of book or movie? Romance (not dirty) and Fantasy (HP and Twilight)
13. Who is your favorite person at Hogwarts? Mermione
14. Favorite class and/or subject at Hogwarts? Transfigurations
15. How many family members do you have? 2, the hubs and the pup
16. What is your favorite Fall activity? Football games and camping!!!!!!!!!
17. How many projects do you have on your needles/hook? at least 4
18. What is your favorite type of footwear? NONE!
19. What is your favorite beverage of choice? Chocolate milk, Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte and white hot chocolate.
20. What is your favorite park of Half-blood Prince? Need to reread it!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Rav ID: stitchinsteph
I am allergic to: cats, dust, smoke
Pets that I have: I have an 8 month old puppy, does the hubs count?
My favorite yarn: depends on what I am making.
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors? N/A
My favorite flavor: chocolate, caramel...
My favorite holiday: Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas - Christmas, got married 12 days before!!!
I would like to receive a: (Sock kit, scarf kit or yarn dyeing kit) Probably sock kit
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: circs - addi turbos - 24" - I use 2 circs method, dpns - wooden or metal, not bamboo, 6"
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: Nope
I've participated in HSKS: (How many times have you participated in HSKS swaps?) this is my 4th year
Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day? Yep, November 16!!!
Your result for The Harry Potter Husband Test...
Mrs. Bill Weasley
Your perfect HP man is Bill Weasley.
You like guys who are cool. And not cool in that fake, dicky way, but actually cool. He's so cool that they couldn't find any actor to adequately portray him, so they decided to just leave him out of the movies rather than risk not doing justice to his coolness. He's like the Chuck Norris of Harry Potter: plain freaking awesome. When Voldemort says "You-Know-Who", he's talking about Bill Weasley.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
d. South of France
2. Professor Umbridge comes to Hagrid's Hut and searches his cabin one evening (as she believes Harry, Ron and Hermoine are there visiting him at night when they are not supposed to). When she walks past the place where Harry, Ron and Hermoine are hiding under the Invisibility Cloak, Harry holds his breath. True or False?
3. A stately-looking witch in an emerald green shawl is one of the members of the Advance Guard who rescues Harry from Privet Drive. What is her name?
a. Emmeline Vance
4. What is the name of the witch who was killed two weeks after the photo of the original Order of the Phoenix was taken?
b. Marlene McKinnon
5. Which two fifth year Ravenclaw students does Dumbledore choose to be prefects?
d. Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil
6. Which house was Rose Zeller sorted into?
7. What is the color of Murtlap's essence?
8. Name the Ravenclaw girl who became prefect in Harry's fifth year.
b. Padma Patil
9. According to a healer's portrait at St. Mungo's hospital, which disease was Ron suffering from?d. Spattergroit
10. Which book did Harry give Hermoine for Christmas?
a. "New Theory of Numberology"
Sunday, July 13, 2008
It was their Christmas in July game, they gave away Royals santa hats! The princess posing in hers!!
Here's our little family for the night!
She stayed the night with us and we camped out in the living room, sleeping bags, lantern (battery operated) and all!!! Then we woke up bright and early and took my mom to the airport. The princess niece had never been to the Kansas City Airport (we are taking her to Chicago in 2 1/2 weeks, so she'll get to go on her first plane ride), we jsut dropped her off at the door! We went swimming, shopping and to the pet store and she had so much fun.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
I was packing for my trip to Denver with my mom and grandma, Bella thought she got to go too.
This is my grandma and I at the Coyote Ugle Saloon in Denver. The best part is that we got my grandma in a bar. She hasn't had a drink of alcohol in her entire life! She was acting really weird when we were in there, she was nervous to be in a bar! And it was a Sunday afternoon and there were like 3 other people in there!!
My new owl and "potter" stitch markers.
Here is my bag that was "stuffed" with goodies, some polka dot notecards, bamboo needles size 3, a journal, a calculator, a package of SOAK (which I've been wanting to try!), oh and not pictured (they are in my backpack!!!) Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordhi and Favorite Socks by Interweave Knits. I will be using all of this to be making lots of socks!!! Thank you so much Morgan!!!!!!!!! I LOVE my package!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Here are the cupcakes that I made for my family dinner tonight. I make these every 4th of July. The picture doesn't show the color very well. It is really red, white and blue!
It is nice to have NOTHING to do but knit all day. That's what I have done for the past 2 days! I have learned to knit socks on 2 circs! YEAH!!!! I have dinished one and I am working the gusset on the second. It is so much faster than dpns!
OTN: the second Bellatrix sock! And the hub's baby blanket, still working on it, haven't worked it for a few days, I've been too busy!
Monday, June 23, 2008
OTN: I finished the BSJ I was looking for buttons for, found them. I also finished Bella's sweater. Will post photos later. I started a hat for the princess niece, it has horses on it. It will be part of her birthday or Christmas present, haven't decided.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
b. Professor Umbridge
2. Off what street is the alley where Harry first met Sirius?
c. Magnolia Crescent
3. Tonks’ mother had two sisters, both pure-bloods, and both left on the Black Family Tree. What are their names?
c. Narcissa and Bellatrix
4. What spell are the students studying in McGonalgall’s class when Umbrdige is doing her inspection?
b. The Shrinking Spell
5. Who comes to warn Harry and the rest of Dumbledore’s Army that Umbridge and her group of followers are coming to break up their meeting?
6. Who are the members of the Order that met Harry Potter in the Dursely’s house during the summer before his fifth year?
c. Alastor Moody, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, Remus Lupin, Emmeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore, Hestia Jones
7. Moody used the Disillusionment Charm on Harry.
8. Which of these Death Eaters is Sirius related to?
d. All of these
9. At what age did Sirius leave his home?
10. How many of the original Order members were killed (don’t include those who disappeared)?
Saturday, June 14, 2008
I bought a new car today. My car died. Well, it's a used car. I refuse to buy a brand new one. It's not worth the depreciation. I got a silver Trailblazer. It must be the top tier on bells and whistles. There are so many buttons and knobs that it will take me a while to learn them all. It even has a dvd player in it!
While we were out, the dog chewed up some stuff. Mostly garbage, she likes boxes. But she did chew up one of my Denise needle cords. I found some of it, but not all of it. She has only gotten into a few things before, but she's also not alone by herself very often due to mine and the hubs schedules. I teach during the day and he works 3rd shift. So he gets home just after I leave.
OTN: Still working on the baby afghan for the hubs, this will be more of an ongoing project. I also am almost finished with my 8th Baby Surprise Jacket. I am on the button row and I can't decide buttons, so I refuse to finish it until I find buttons that will work. Thursday night I started Bella a sweater, it is brown and pink. I think it will be really cute when I finish it. That's what was on the Denise cord she chewed up. The hubs said I shouldn't finish it, I said that I'm going to finish it and then make her wear it all the time!!!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
News at school, some of my classes for next year have changed. I was scheduled to teach out freshman required careers class again, but I have been changed to teach personal finance. It has something to do with how the district reports to the state and they needed someone who is vocationally certified. It has to do with coding. Not the most fun class to teach, but oh well. It just means more training and more conferences!!! I'm also slated to attend a national conference in December, I like traveling!! Especially when someone else is paying!
My summer school classes are both very interesting, I have one who won't speak to me and one who won't shut up!!! One week already down.
On other news, we have a new principal for next year. He's been moved from assistant to head principal, he'll do a great job. Our current principal did such a crappy job that he was asked to move to one of our middle schools as an assistant principal. He was awful, he lost all my teacher artifacts and then blamed it on me. He didn't know staff members' names. He was never in the building, when he was you had to make an appointment to see him, then he never showed for the appointment. The kids absolutely hated him. Good news is he's gone!!!
My puppy is growing so much! My sister kept her while we were gone. It was really good for her, she was able to socialize with several other dogs. She's not afraid of other dogs now, she wants to go meet them and play with them!
OTN: I am currently working on a baby afghan for our future baby. It's going to be a gift to the hubs. I'm going to knit our college logo in the middle of it. He has no idea, he thinks I'm making something for my cousin who's due any day now. I'm also working on another BSJ.
Friday, May 30, 2008
I had class, eh, boring, five hours in a seat hurts the back.
Then Wednesday I sat in my OB-GYN office getting a glucose test. I got poked 4 times because she couldn't find a vein. The nurse took my fasting blood, no problem. Then gave me the colored sugar water to drink. She said come back in 2 hours and don't eat anything and if you drink, only drink water. Well then after 2 hours, she took my blood again. She went to the same vein, couldn't find it. She then fussed at me for not drinking anything. She didn't tell me I had to drink water, just only drink water. I'm a big water drinker anyway, I usually don't have any problems. Well, she finally got the second vial of blood after poking me 3 times to get a vein. She then tells me no news is good news. I'm having this done so that I can be put on medication to boost ovulation. I said, I need a call so I know what the next step is! I don't think she had any clue as to why I was there.
Oh, and I went to my knitting group Wednesday too!
Thursday - I had a meeting at school for summer school. I only had one class make, so I'm teaching in the morning and then working on curriculum in the afternoon.
Today, I'm doing NOTHING!!! Just me and the dog sitting on the couch. I suppose I need to go to the store, the hubs needs dinner tonight.
Got my current Praxis scores, I took the Biology test in April to obtain additional certification. I didn't pass, I missed my 20 points. I don't know how its scored, but I'm not to upset, I haven't had a biology class in ten years.
I also got the results from my blood test. Everything normal. I start my medication to help me ovulate. We can make a baby!
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Albus Dumbledore's middle names?
3. Which educational decree introduced a High Inquisitor to Hogwarts?
4. Apart from Harry, Ron and Hermione, who was the first person to enter the Hog's Head that showed an interest in Harry's Defence Against the Dark Arts classes?
5. In the first Quidditch match of the year which player attempted to score first?
a. Angelina Johnson
6. What kind of bush does Harry hide behind to listen to the news?
b. A hydrangea bush
7. Why is Mundungus Fletcher disguised as a woman when he witnesses the DA (Dumbledore's Army) meeting in the Hog's Head pub?
b. He was banned from the Hog’s Head pub 20 years ago.
8. When Harry and Cho go on their first date to Madam Puddifoot's in Hogsmeade, what is it decorated with for Valentine's Day?
c. Golden cherubs and pink confetti
9. How old is Sturgis Podmore and where does he live?
a. 38 and number 2 Laburnum Gardens Clapham
10. What did Fred and George Weasley do to Montague?
a. Forced him head-first into a Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor