Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tense week...

Ok, so I promised that I would explain the week I've had at school. We had an incident in the community where I teach (I don't live in the same district). There was a fight between 2 boys (boy A and boy B), one of their brothers (boy C) pulled out a gun and shot the boy (boy A) fighting his younger brother (boy B) (I know, confusing to follow). SO, our school was on a semi-lockdown all week. What does this mean? No students out of the room for ANY reason. No bathroom passes, locker passes, no tissue breaks, NOTHING!!! For the most part the kids were ok, but you know that there is always a kid that has to push the rule. The kid turned himself in to the police and we are now off of out "lockdown." We aren't really allowed to say that we were on a lockdown. It was pretty tense, there was supposed to be a big retaliation at school, but with a huge police presence, we haven't seen anything. I'm hoping that nothing happens!!! We are still a bit tense, but things are starting to get back to normal.

4 comments:

SinKnitty said...

OMG! That is awful! I'm glad things are working out though. My sister used to live in a pretty crapy part of town so that stuff happened alot around there. I'm so glad she moved! I hope everything settles back to normal soon.

Elanor said...

that is just horrible!

it is sad when schools need to have metal detectors and cops patrolling the halls.

Good Luck

Rose said...

Oh wow....crazy schools. So far the school I work at has been pretty tame...though the stories I have heard about the last couple of years, I'm just waiting patiently for things to get moving....

Winnie said...

How scary!!! Did boy A or B live? I'm so glad that you are okay. Whew!