Monday, June 23, 2008

It's Monday...

It's the last week of summer school. I'm actually really happy it's almost over. I know that I'll enjoy the paycheck next month, but it's been very stressful. As I said before, I've never taught this subject before, so I don't really know exactly where to go with it. I also have one class that is major behavior problems and are very hard to manage most of the time. There is one girl in there who got in trouble twice last week and her mother has been all but harassing me since then. She wanted a meeting with her, the daughter, principal and myself. We really didn't get anything accomplished because she thinks that her daughter is perfect and that I am a terrible teacher. She didn't hesitate to remind me of that. She also threatened that she could come "sit in class anytime I want to" to which I responded that she was more than welcome. So she came. On Friday for the last 30 minutes of the day. D.U.H. It doesn't take a moron to know that is the worst time to observe classroom. This just confirmed her thoughts that I am a terrible teacher! Nevermind she has only one child, who for the most part is a good student! Some people.


I spent the day Saturday trying to make these pot scratchers that my great-grandma used to make. I DID IT!!!! I have made three so far, my family is so excited because these are like the best ever and easy on teflon pans too.


We have a new addition to the family, my cousin and his wife just had a baby. Meet Dane Matthew, he was 9 lbs, 10 oz. I haven't seen him yet, but I've heard he is so cute!

OTN: I finished the BSJ I was looking for buttons for, found them. I also finished Bella's sweater. Will post photos later. I started a hat for the princess niece, it has horses on it. It will be part of her birthday or Christmas present, haven't decided.

No comments: