Saturday, March 14, 2009

itchiness and basketball...

Well, I have had an interesting last day or two. I came home from work on Thursday and was getting ready to work my shift at my part time job. I started itching. I looked and I had hives on my upper chest, my shoulders and my arms. I took a couple of benadryl and went on to work. They cleared up and I thought I was fine. Then I get home eat dinner, and take a quick shower and go to bed. I wake up about an hour and a half later with hives from my head to my waist solid. I have never had hives on my body, usually only in my mouth. There were hives in my ears! The hubs took me to the ER, where they gave me more benadryl, an anti-inflammatory and another anti-histamine. They went mostly away. I went to school yesterday, then chaperoned a busload of kids to the state semi-final basket ball game where our boys were playing! At the game the hives started coming back. I woke up this morning and now I have them all over again. Not as bad as yesterday morning, but definately coverd in them. Now, nothing in my diet or anything has changed. I don't know what's causing them. And it's really starting to annoy me.

This afternoon I am again chaperoning a busload of kids to the state basketball game where our boys are playing for the state title!! We are so excited. I am so excited to be a part of this experience.

1 comment:

Hermione Bagnold said...

Yikes!!! I really hope they get it figured out as to what's going on! Itchiness like that is NOT pleasant! I know, firsthand! And even though you may not have made any diet changes, that doesn't mean you couldn't have developed a sudden allergy to something...what about outside factors? Like have you changed laundry detergent or fabric softener lately? It could just as easily been something OUTSIDE your body causing this. (I have sensitive skin, myself, lol) Have you washed your sheets and all that jazz?

Maybe a Slytherin--er, I mean, another student--somehow hexed you or put itching powder somewhere...might want to see if you can get a house elf to help you look into that... ;)

Congratulations to the kids at your school on playing for the state title! That's awesome!!!